Import and setup Joomla website using A2 Hosting
This project involved installing a Joomla site backup from Windows hosting on Linux hosting which presented all kinds of problems which were resolved, the work included;
- Database repair and modification
- Virus scanning files, cleaning up and restoring damaged files
- Replacing spaces in filenames with underscores
- Resolved issues with uppercase and lowercase characters caused by the Windows environment
- Updating the database with new filenames
- Removing and replacing obsolete extensions.
- Updating the template framework and template including theme customisation.
- Updating all extensions.
- Updating the Joomla version from 2.5.22 to 3.8.5
- Adding additional extensions.
- Adding extra security to the site.
- Implementing automatic daily site backups.
I had no idea this site originated on a Windows Server, great job, thanks for fixing all of the problems so fast
Many Joomla website problems which often result in downtime can be avoided by simply updating your Joomla extensions on a regular basis and your Joomla version whenever they are released along with running daily site backups.
Make sure you are in control of your backups, you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them. Make sure you are in control of your backups, make sure they are encrypted and you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them.
Don't just take your hosting providers word for it, more often than not they back up your entire hosting account and not individual websites and store them in a proprietary system to lock you in to renewals etc.
We host, manage, maintain, support and update multiple Joomla websites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET