Joomla! 3.9.7 Released
Joomla 3.9.7 is now available.
This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses three security vulnerabilities and contains over 40 bug fixes and improvements.
What’s new in Joomla 3.9.7?
Joomla 3.9.7 includes three security vulnerability fixes and several bugs and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - CSV injection in com_actionlogs (affecting Joomla 3.9.0 through 3.9.6)
- Low Priority - Core - XSS in subform field (affecting Joomla 3.6.0 through 3.9.6)
- Low Priority - Core - ACL hardening of com_joomlaupdate (affecting Joomla 3.8.13 through 3.9.6)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Batch system: Copy permissions of modules and categories
- Progessive cache improvements
- Fix to avoid duplicated custom fields in com_content
- Frontend editing: article category editable by Publishers and up
- RTL improvements
- Removal of the unofficial French Help Server
- TinyMCE improvements
- RSS: Fix to display the right category
- Media Manager: Fix directory traversal for symlinked folders
- User registration: Correct http schema used
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click here for full release information.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
Many site owners are totally unaware of the status of their Joomla websites, databases, and hosting environments, the potential risks of being compromised, and the implications of private personal data held. Also many site owners are paying extortionate hosting fees for below standard services running on out of date and insecure hosting environments.
To get your Joomla site stable, secure and up to speed we recommend a Full audit of the Joomla Website and Hosting including extensions, templates, overrides, SEO status, page delivery speed status, configuration and security. Following the audit and testing you will receive a detailed report including the status of your site and your hosting along with detailed recommendations and options for updating your site including templates and extensions You can then address the issues yourself, use your existing developer or use our Joomla Specialist services to ensure that your site is stable and secure and your hosting is adequate and configured correctly.
Our Full audit of a Joomla Website and Hosting includes access to our secure private Joomla support helpdesk website where all analysis, testing, recommendations, and changes are documented in detail. You can also use of our ticketing system where bugs can be reported, questions asked, and additional features can be requested.
We manage, maintain and update hundreds of Joomla websites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything Joomla related CONTACT US