Add Privacy Respecting Website Analytics on your Joomla Website
Implementing Privacy Respecting Website Analytics using data anonymisation techniques and retaining the data yourself removes the need for ugly and annoying cookie consent banners maintaining compliance with privacy laws like GDPR.
Following a lot of research and testing we use and highly recommend the Matomo open-source software solution where you don't need a degree in Analytics to understand it.
Matomo Analytics was designed with privacy in mind. It can be configured to follow even the strictest of privacy laws – like GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA, LGPD and PECR. Simply by using Matomo you will ensure all of your valuable information is private and owned by one person (you!) and that your website respects your visitors' privacy.
There are currently three options;
- Matomo have a cloud based solution starting at around $20 per month and they also offer a free trial so you can implement it and test it out alongside your current setup.
- We use a self hosted Matomo solution on our own servers and can add your site to Realvision Analytics for a nominal fee of $60 a year to contribute towards maintenance and hosting costs. With this you have access and receive a weekly report.
- You can also download the self hosted version for free and install, configure and maintain it on your own hosting or we can do this for you if required.
Contact us if you want to discuss Matomo Analytics or would like access to Realvision Analytics to see how we use Matomo CONTACT US
Supporting, building, hosting, maintaining and optimising and all kinds of Joomla websites since 2005 we have gained vast experience. This combined with our Joomla Website Support System enables us to work very efficiently with any Joomla related project.
We have worked on several hundred Joomla websites ranging from sites with a few pages to sites with several hundred thousand pages including multi language sites. Taking on all kinds of Joomla related projects, including;
- Adding additional functionality.
- Adding content delivery networks.
- Adding E-Commerce along with shopping carts.
- Adding multiple anti-spam solutions.
- Adding payment gateways.
- Adding user management and subscription memberships.
- Building new Joomla websites.
- Customising Joomla extensions.
- Customising Joomla templates.
- Developing all kinds of forms including API integrations and auto field population using GeoIP services.
- Developing custom Joomla extensions.
- Developing custom Joomla templates.
- Implementing GDPR compliance.
- Implementing HTTP security headers.
- Joomla Extension Installation and configuration.
- Joomla Installation and configuration on your hosting.
- Joomla search engine marketing,
- Joomla search engine optimisation.
- Joomla site backup restoration on your hosting.
- Joomla website speed optimisation.
- Making Joomla websites responsive and mobile friendly.
- Malware removal including file and database cleanup.
- Migrating existing websites to Joomla including WordPress and none CMS websites.
- Producing AMP versions of Joomla websites.
- Resolving security-related issues.
- SSL certificate installation.
along with support and training, and anything required to keep Joomla Websites fast, functional, secure, and stable.
Prior to making any changes to your Joomla website;
- We ensure you have an adequate backup system in place and take a backup of the site and database. Our preferred backup component is Akeeba Backup Professional for Joomla! (Commercial License $55), If your site doesn't already have it we will Install and configure it on your website.
- When a site has major issues or requires major extension upgrades, major Joomla version upgrades, template or template framework upgrades, major PHP version changes etc.. we clone the site and produce a test site to test changes prior to making changes to your live site. We are very experienced and understand which updates are safe and which updates cause problems. We prefer to put a test site on a sub domain to achieve some separation from a live site but this all depends on your hosting setup.
We have several VPS servers including a development Ubuntu/Plesk server with big storage attached where most Joomla sites we manage transfer an encrypted backup to each day. Apart from backup storage this is very useful to spin up a copy of a site for development, Joomla or PHP updates etc. This is useful if your host only allows one database for example and a test site is required for major updates, also on some occasions we have set up an older PHP version that most hosts don't allow so we can restore an old broken site for development.
Please note that even though we produce and maintain Joomla websites in multiple languages for multiple clients worldwide our native language is English.