Joomla! 3.9.3 Released
Joomla 3.9.3 is now available.
This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 6 security vulnerabilities and contains 30 bug fixes and improvements
What’s new in Joomla 3.9.3?
Joomla 3.9.3 includes 6 security vulnerabilities fixes and several bug and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Lack of URL filtering in various core components (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Browserside mime-type sniffing causes XSS attack vectors (affecting Joomla 1.0.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Additional warning in the Global Configuration textfilter settings (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration help url #2 (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Implement the TYPO3 PHAR stream wrapper (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Prevent renaming/deleting the template index.php file #23654
- Smart Search improvement #23736
- Contacts banned fields removed #23585
- Improvement of the Integration tab display #23711
- Fix the category filter for featured articles #23454
- Fix for the Template Style field in the menu manager #23556
- Breadcrumbs for tags #23599
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
Many site owners are totally unaware of the status of their Joomla websites, databases, and hosting environments, the potential risks of being compromised, and the implications of private personal data held. Also many site owners are paying extortionate hosting fees for below standard services running on out of date and insecure hosting environments.
To get your Joomla site stable, secure and up to speed we recommend a Full audit of the Joomla Website and Hosting including extensions, templates, overrides, SEO status, page delivery speed status, configuration and security. Following the audit and testing you will receive a detailed report including the status of your site and your hosting along with detailed recommendations and options for updating your site including templates and extensions You can then address the issues yourself, use your existing developer or use our Joomla Specialist services to ensure that your site is stable and secure and your hosting is adequate and configured correctly.
Our Full audit of a Joomla Website and Hosting includes access to our secure private Joomla support helpdesk website where all analysis, testing, recommendations, and changes are documented in detail. You can also use of our ticketing system where bugs can be reported, questions asked, and additional features can be requested.
We manage, maintain and update hundreds of Joomla websites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything Joomla related CONTACT US