Joomla! 3.9.20 Released
Joomla 3.9.20 is now available.
This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 6 security vulnerabilities and contains over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.20?
Joomla 3.9.20 includes 6 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - CSRF in com_installer ajax_install endpoint (affecting Joomla! 3.7.0 through 3.9.19)
- Moderate Priority - Core - Missing checks can lead to a broken usergroups table record (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.19)
- Low Priority - Core - CSRF in com_privacy remove-request feature (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.19)
- Low Priority - Core - Variable tampering via user table class (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.19)
- Low Priority - Core - Escape mod_random_image link (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.19)
- Low Priority - Core - System Information screen could expose redis or proxy credentials (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.19)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Upload & Update tab of Joomla Update Component: Fix to allow upload of ZIP filetype only #29877
- Local database server: Allow optional port numbers #29567
- Beez3 Template: Markup fix for the Tabs layout of com_contact #29636
- Beez3 Template: Allow custom field editing on frontend #29577
- Backend cache cleared when purging updates #29603
it GitHub for more information about this issue.
Click here for full release information.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
Many site owners are totally unaware of the status of their Joomla websites, databases, and hosting environments, the potential risks of being compromised, and the implications of private personal data held. Also many site owners are paying extortionate hosting fees for below standard services running on out of date and insecure hosting environments.
To get your Joomla site stable, secure and up to speed we recommend a Full audit of the Joomla Website and Hosting including extensions, templates, overrides, SEO status, page delivery speed status, configuration and security. Following the audit and testing you will receive a detailed report including the status of your site and your hosting along with detailed recommendations and options for updating your site including templates and extensions You can then address the issues yourself, use your existing developer or use our Joomla Specialist services to ensure that your site is stable and secure and your hosting is adequate and configured correctly.
Our Full audit of a Joomla Website and Hosting includes access to our secure private Joomla support helpdesk website where all analysis, testing, recommendations, and changes are documented in detail. You can also use of our ticketing system where bugs can be reported, questions asked, and additional features can be requested.
We manage, maintain and update hundreds of Joomla websites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything Joomla related CONTACT US