This is a security release which addresses 2 security vulnerabilities and contains over 50 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.8.9?
Joomla 3.8.9 addresses two security vulnerabilities and several bugs, including the fatal error in the random image module, the error on uploading images in child folder, and several other bugs and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Local File Inclusion with PHP 5.3 (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.8.8)
- Low Priority - Core - XSS vulnerability in language switcher module (affecting Joomla 1.6.0 through 3.8.8)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Correctly escape the random image module output #20533
- Fix folder browsing and file upload that broke in 3.8.8 due to escaping #20586
- com_mailto (mail to friend) allows the usage of a Captcha by using JForm #20265
- Tag indexing improvement #13868
- Fix use of hyphens in data attributes #20579
- Updates to third party PHP libraries #20583
- CodeMirror updated to 5.38.0 #20636
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.