Will Google penalise non SSL websites?
Yes, Google already penalise non SSL websites. The search engine giant is hot on website security and uses whether your site is deemed secure (if it’s SSL certified is part of that) as a ranking signal. It takes the security of its users very seriously.
In the eyes of Google, it doesn’t matter if you accept payments on your website or not. It wants everything on the web to be secure and avidly encourages site owners to adopt HTTPS.
As of October 2017, Google’s Chrome browser reflects the search giant’s dedication to user security. The landing page result of any site not holding an SSL certificate will be displayed to all their visitors as ‘Not Secure.’ Google’s action has made it clear: it’s time for unencrypted sites to upgrade.
On their path to stamp out the use of non-secure (HTTP) sites, future releases of Chrome will further impede non-HTTPS sites. While it may seem like adding an SSL certificate to your domain is an inconvenience, it’s ultimately a move that’s going to future-proof your website, and protect the privacy of your users.
We are experienced with SSL installation, along with securing, updating, and maintaining Joomla websites and have performed thousands of successful Joomla updates.
Supporting, building, hosting, maintaining and optimising and all kinds of Joomla websites since 2005 we have gained vast experience. This combined with our Joomla Website Support System enables us to work very efficiently with any Joomla related project.
We have worked on several hundred Joomla websites ranging from sites with a few pages to sites with several hundred thousand pages including multi language sites. Taking on all kinds of Joomla related projects, including;
- Adding additional functionality.
- Adding content delivery networks.
- Adding E-Commerce along with shopping carts.
- Adding multiple anti-spam solutions.
- Adding multiple languages.
- Adding payment gateways.
- Adding user management and subscription memberships.
- Building new Joomla websites.
- Customising Joomla extensions.
- Customising Joomla templates.
- Developing all kinds of forms including API integrations and auto field population using GeoIP services.
- Developing custom Joomla extensions.
- Developing custom Joomla templates.
- Implementing GDPR compliance.
- Implementing HTTP security headers.
- Joomla Extension Installation and configuration.
- Joomla Installation and configuration on your hosting.
- Joomla search engine marketing,
- Joomla search engine optimisation.
- Joomla site backup restoration on your hosting.
- Joomla version updates
- Joomla website speed optimisation.
- Making Joomla websites responsive and mobile friendly.
- Malware removal including file and database cleanup.
- Migrating existing websites to Joomla including WordPress and none CMS websites.
- Migrating Joomla websites from one host to another.
- Producing AMP versions of Joomla websites.
- Resolving security-related issues.
- SSL certificate installation.
- Access to our secure private support helpdesk site where access credentials are kept along with tasks and changes which are documented in detail.
- Use of our ticketing system where bugs can be reported, questions asked, and additional features can be requested