This new version of Joomla includes more power, more control, and more options than ever before.
Rebuilt from the ground up in much of the application, this latest Joomla release will delight the casual site builder while helping small, medium, and enterprise businesses succeed in delivering web sites, intranets and applications to their respective markets.
Delivering power through simplicity, Joomla 1.6 ensures its place as the popular CMS of its kind. Joomla 1.6 delivers new features to end-users and site administrators including:
- Finer access controls for viewing and editing content with configurable user groups and viewing levels
- A user-defined category structure, from simple one-level to complex multi-level categories
- Installation improvements allowing for multiple extension installations in one package, updatable with a single click
- Expanded language support for easy production of multi-lingual sites
- Start and end publishing times for modules with more control over where they display,
- Fresh new templates and semantic markup to please the eye as well as the search engines
- More creative control through template styles
- Hundreds of additional features, streamlining workflow and productivity
With Joomla 1.6 developers will build extensions faster through all phases of design, deployment and updates.
Advanced and rich API’s will provide new opportunities to integrate, compete and expand into existing and new markets.
Style improvements give graphic designers more control and more flexibility to create the perfect effect for any web site and audience. Designers can now override virtually all output from the Joomla Administrator giving rise to new opportunities for functional, accessible or even mobile-friendly Administrator areas. Individual Administrator templates can be assigned to individual users allowing web masters to address any special needs.
To learn more, or to get started building your own Joomla 1.6 web site visit joomla.org/16 and download one of the world’s most popular free Open Source content management systems.
We invite you to join the entire Joomla project in celebrating the arrival of Joomla 1.6.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US fora free proposal to update your site.