Joomla! 3.9.28 Released
Joomla 3.9.28 is now available.
This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 5 security vulnerabilities and contains 15 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.28?
Joomla 3.9.28 includes 5 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
-  Low Severity - Low Impact - XSS in JForm Rules field (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.27)
-  Low Severity - Low Impact - DoS through usergroup table manipulation (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.27)
-  Low Severity - Moderate Impact - Lack of enforced session termination (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.27)
-  Low Severity - High Impact - Privilege escalation through com_installer (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.27)
-  Low Severity - Moderate Impact - XSS in com_media imagelist (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.27)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Update CA certificates #34693
- Smart Search: Fix inserting tokens to DB #34497
- Fix search suggestions for mixed-case searches #33942
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET