Joomla! 3.9.23 Released
Joomla 3.9.23 is now available.
This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 7 security vulnerabilities and contains more than 35 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.23?
Joomla 3.9.23 includes 7 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
-  Low Priority - High Impact - Write ACL violation in multiple core views (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority - Moderate Impact - Disclosure of secrets in Global Configuration page (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority - Moderate Impact - Path traversal in mod_random_image (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority - High Impact - SQL injection in com_users list view (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority - Low Impact - User Enumeration in backend login (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority - Low Impact - CSRF in com_privacy emailexport feature (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority - High Impact - Write ACL violation in multiple core views (affecting Joomla! 1.7.0 through 3.9.22)
Bug fixes and Improvements
In order to get Joomla ready for PHP 8 (to be released on November 26th, 2020), Joomla 3.9.23 includes fixes to ensure PHP 8 compatibility
- TinyMCE updated #30329
- Fix for frontend module editing permissions #30778
- Fix for the lost of transparency when cropping/resizing images #30977
- Validation rule added for the redirect header field #31016
it GitHub for more information about this issue.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET