Joomla! 3.9.17 Released
Joomla 3.9.17 is now available.
This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses three security vulnerabilities and contains over 40 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.17?
Joomla 3.9.17 includes 3 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Incorrect access control in com_users access level editing function (affecting Joomla 3.8.8 through 3.9.16)
- Low Priority - Core - Missing checks for the root usergroup in usergroup table (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.16)
- Low Priority - Core - Incorrect access control in com_users access level deletion function (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.16)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Removal of an unneeded file added to 3.9.16 #28307
- Multilingual Associations: Fix for the Edit Associations buttons in Menu Items #28339 and in Category #28678
- PHPMailer upgraded to its latest version #28398
- 'New' MVC classes depreciation notice for 4.0 instead of 5.0 #28366
- Facilitate the usage of help system by third parties #13286
- PostgreSQL: Fix for module loading #28278
Visit GitHub for more information about this issue.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET