This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing three security vulnerabilities and fixing several bugs which were reported after the previous Joomla releases.
Joomla! 3.8.2 addresses the following three security vulnerabilities:
- Medium Priority - Core - LDAP Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 1.5.0 through 3.8.1)
- Medium Priority - Core - Two-Factor Authentication Bypass (affecting Joomla! 3.2.0 through 3.8.1)
- Low Priority - Core - Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 3.7.0 through 3.8.1)
Joomla! 3.8.2 includes over 90 bug fixes including:
- Display subcategories in blog layout only when user has access #18408
- Tags being deleted by any batch action and by drag and drop reordering #18328
- Search Module not displayed on the core templates error page #18375
- Fix unneeded repetitive filesystem access / checks causing performance issue in custom fields #17893
- Fix backend articles manager not listing articles in sub-categories when categories filter is active #18179
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US fora free proposal to update your site.