Import and setup Joomla website using A2 hosting
This project involved installing a Joomla site backup from Windows hosting on Linux hosting which presented all kinds of problems which were resolved, the work included;
- Database repair and midification
- Virus scanning files, cleaning up and restoring damaged files
- Replacing spaces in filenames with underscores
- Resolved issues with uppercase and lowercase characters caused by the Windows environment
- Updating the database with new filenames
- Removing and replacing obsolete extensions.
- Updating the template framework and template including theme customisation.
- Updating all extensions.
- Updating the Joomla version from 2.5.22 to 3.8.5
- Adding additional extensions.
- Adding extra security to the site.
- Implementing automatic daily site backups.
I had no idea this site originated on a Windows Server, great job, thanks for fixing all of the problems so fast
Private Client based in Cleveland, Ohio, USA